Tuesday, January 29, 2002

Prince Caspian

by C.S. Lewis

I didn't intend to read two Narnia books in a row, but I was trying to stay awake last night and it was either find a fast, easy read or vegetate in front of a TV screen. My book collection is better than my video collection, so I ended up reading about Prince Caspian. The book was good, as I would expect from Mr. Lewis, but I found it to be much less impressive than the other three Narnia books that I've read. The plot isn't too thrilling or surprising, and the characters are all rather plain, except for Reepicheep, the brave and slightly arrogant mouse. Maybe it was because of my weariness, but this book seemed very much like a typical sequel -- an imitation of the original, lacking its luster and fire. But when you imitate a great work, the result is still worth checking out.

LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]