Tuesday, June 18, 2002

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting a Home-Based Business

by Barbara Weltman

I'm not starting my own business, honest. I did a stint as a freelancer in audio-visual production and learned that I am a horrible salesman. Much as I'd enjoy not having to follow someone else's rules, I have to admit that I would not be able to make a living in this modern world. So why read this book? Well, my wife is doing some teaching on a contract basis and I thought I should brush up on my small business accounting knowledge. This book was at the local library branch and contained a chapter on taxes and such. Print addict that I am, I ended up reading almost the whole thing. To those contemplating starting a business from home, I would have to say that this is a nice, complete introduction. She covers the whys and hows and gives a variety of tips regarding the process. Were I to give home business a go, I would probably seek out more in depth references, but this is enough to give one a start. Or scare one away, as in my case. All in all, it's good waiting room material.

LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]