Sunday, June 30, 2002

Time Police: Vanished

by Warren Norwood

Even though I left the dream of being a writer behind, I still have a few story ideas that I occasionally kick around. One involves a stereotypical time travel organization -- but one that is trying to change history rather than preserve it. I had thought that this was a unique concept... until I found this book. Wouldn't you know it, the organization in this book -- the Time Police -- are looking to change history. Oh, well. The hero, Jackson Dubchek, is working for the Time Police agency when they appear to turn against him. He is totally confused, but manages to escape death and start to unravel some of the organization's shady dealings. Overall, things are kind of murky. Dubchek is never quite sure who are the bad guys or the good guys. (Truth to tell, I got confused myself at times.) In the end, the message seemed to be "Beware of bureaucracies." Of course, this is labeled volume 1, so maybe that message is incomplete. Anyway, I'll rate this one as waiting room material.

LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]