Saturday, October 05, 2002

The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers

by Phil Farrand

Y'know, last fall I picked up Phil Farrand's The Nitpicker's Guide for Classic Trekkers at the Friends of the Library sale and read it before all the other books I bought, as well as the ones I had already started. Now we witness deja vu, save that I managed to stretch this one out over a couple of more days. This book is very trivial, yet very entertaining. It basically goes through the first six seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation and points out all of the plot flaws, continuity errors and general oversights of each episode. Now this concept could make for the most boring book in the world, but this book is anything but. Phil, I mean, Mr. Farrand writes with such an engaging style that I get the feeling that I'm sitting at the kitchen table with a buddy, quaffing a sociable beverage and talking Trek. (I know, I know, that would be a very one sided conversation. But hey, that's how it usually is in real life. Now you know why I write.) Anyway, I'm putting this one on my shelf.

Maybe next year I can get volume 2 or the Deep Space Nine book.
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]