Sunday, July 06, 2003

Museums of the Northwest

by Harriet Baskas

This is an accidental book for me. I picked it up impulsively as I was waiting in the checkout line at the Friends of the Library book sale. It was just a nice reference book on museums in Washington, Oregon and lower British Columbia. I put it on the shelf and had no intention of reading through it. Reading through reference books can be quite tedious, y'know. But then one morn I was looking for something light and new to read and I gave in to the impulse to peek at this new acquisition of mine. Well, now I've finally finished after weeks of reading a little bit here and a little bit there. Am I wiser for it? Well... I have come to the conclusion that it is common practice for a community to gather a bunch of old keepsakes into an old train station or Carnegie library and call it a history museum. And well they should, because what is a museum but a collection of old keepsakes? Anyway, as far as reading goes, this is definitely waiting room material. But it is a very nice resource for those who might be taking road trips through the Pacific Northwest. 

LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]