Friday, February 27, 2004

End of an Era

by Robert J. Sawyer

Well, back in my review of Flash Forward I said I've got to read more of this Sawyer guy. Unfortunately, it's taken me over three years to do so. I've looked for his name at the library sales and used book stores, but people don't seem to be getting rid of his books. Hmmmm. Anyway, I did happen to come across this book and went ahead and bought it, despite the dinosaurs on the cover. (I'm bored with dinos. Way too overrated.) It's a tale of a couple of paleontologists who are sent back in time using newly developed time travel technology in an attempt to find out why most of the dinosaurs died out at the end of the Mesozoic period. Like Flash Forward, this is a classic science fiction tale--chock full of scientific facts and protagonists who face their dilemma with their brains rather than their muscles. I was a bit put off by some of the strange things our heroes encountered back in the past, but Mr. Sawyer's writing is engaging enough that I was won over and was mostly satisfied by the ending. Definitely a book science fiction fans should check out

LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]