Saturday, January 06, 2007

...If You Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620

by Ann McGovern

A couple of years ago, I wouldn't have bothered to review this. I might have picked it up off of the kids' reading stack, paged through it, maybe even enjoyed it, but then would put it down without further ado. These days, however, since I'm reading all sorts of kids' books and posting my reviews on LibraryThing, I'm more inclined to put in my two-cents worth. Anyway, this is a nice little illustrated book that gives kids a peek into what life might have been like for a Pilgrim boy or girl aboard the Mayflower and later in the Plymouth colony. It gives a good overview of the time, mentioning the hardships and personal conflicts as well as the triumphs of The Mayflower Compact and the first Thanksgiving celebration. It helps make this bit of history come alive and is worth checking out if you have young'uns who need to study their history.
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]