Monday, April 02, 2007

Abraham Lincoln's World

by Genevieve Foster

I really enjoyed this volume of the World of... series. I don't know if it is just an interesting period of time or its the legacy of growing up in Illinois, where Abe Lincoln is our patron saint. Like the other books, it takes the life of an influential man--in this case Abraham Lincoln--and weaves in the current events of the world. Then it's all decorated with nice little illustrations. This one also carries on the tradition of being enjoyable to read and offering a nice all around view of world history. I'm glad I checked it out. It makes me eager to get back to the States and pick up my perusal of Presidential biographies. Of course, I still have to slog through the era between Jackson and Lincoln....
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]