Friday, April 06, 2007

Unashamed

by Francine Rivers

This one's the second of the Lineage of Grace series--five novellas based on the women mentioned in the lineage of Jesus Christ. Unashamed is the story of Rahab, the prostitute of Jericho who hid the Israelite spies and so ensured the survival of herself and her family. The tale is not as good as Unveiled, the first in the series, but it's still worth checking out. Its main weakness, I think, is that it's a tad overdone. Rahab is supposed to be the woman of faith, and with the faith she displays, she should be out moving mountains. She also seems to have had a sneak preview of the New Testament. But I suppose I shouldn't be complaining. Instead, I should be asking myself why I don't have faith like that...
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]