Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Children of the Wild West

by Russell Freedman

This book attempts to share what live in the "wild west"--western America in the 19th Century--was like in words and photographs. (Nice photographs. The photos are the book's strongest feature.) It's an interesting volume, though I found the text rather lacking. It pulls in some anecdotes and gives some descriptions, but it never really grabbed my interest in the way a good story would have done. I think that a few years ago I might have rated this book higher, but now it just seems to me to be good waiting room material. That's the curse of Sonlight Curriculum at work.
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]