Saturday, August 04, 2007

Batman Archives: Volume 1

by Bob Kane

I think my first realization of comic book continuity came from reading Batman: From the 30s to the 70s from the Roselle Public Library. I loved that book, reading it a number of times until it vanished from the shelves. In all my years of buying and collecting comics, I never managed to snag a copy of that book. Now, however, I have the next best thing. The Batman Archives reprints all of the Batman stories from Detective Comics, starting from his first appearance. In perusing this book, I read a number of tales I had fondly remembered from my youth. The stories are simplistic, and the dynamic duo spends time fighting gangsters rather than costumed villains, but it's still a great read. The best part about it is that since it's on my shelf, I don't have to worry about losing it to a dishonest library patron.
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]