Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Great War: Walk in Hell

by Harry Turtledove

This one's the second in The Great War trilogy, following on the heels of American Front. It picks up the tale of World War I fought in a world where the Confederate States of America had won the American Civil War--oh, excuse me. I mean, the War of Secession. Anyway, the USA and the CSA are on opposing sides in this conflict and North America gets to experience the full horrors of the "Great War". Like the first volume in the trilogy, the tale is told through the eyes of various folk. It's well written, but didn't excite me as much as its predecessor. Still, I'm glad I checked it out and look forward to reading part three.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]