Friday, September 28, 2007

Degunking Your Mac

by Joli Ballew

Back in the day, I used to know my Mac pretty well. I could tweak my system just the way I wanted it and could avoid a lot of problems. But over the years I got lazy and let the IT guys start doing all the work. The result is that I don't know the latest OS near as well as I should. I was hoping that this book would give me the information I need to regain some of my expertise and "get under the hood" of Mac OS X. I was disappointed. While this book contained a few tidbits of info, it was mostly a lecture on keeping your files organized. Stuff I would have thought to be common sense. It wasn't even enjoyable to read. There were many times I felt like the message that I was getting was, "Work like me and you'll be happy." It also seemed like she repeated herself a lot. Whether it was to drill some ideas into thick heads or to pad out the book to make it a book rather than a fat pamphlet, I don't know. All in all, I think my time would have been better spent surfing the web and browsing through Mac oriented web sites and message boards. Oh, well, live and learn.
Eh, it's waiting room material.
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]