Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Revenge of the Baby-Sat

by Bill Watterson

I think this one's my favorite Calvin and Hobbes collection. In it, Mr. Watterson tries his hand at a couple of more "serious" storylines, namely the "Propeller Beanie" tale and the sequence in which Calvin's home gets burgled. I think he handled both tales well, melding realistic events with Calvin's weird take on reality. And, of course, there's the usual Calvinity afoot, including the origin of G.R.O.S.S. (I would have thought that institution had started earlier in the strip's history. Good thing I'm rereading the collections so I can get things straight, eh?)
I want it on my shelf!
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]