Monday, September 03, 2007

Yukon Ho!

by Bill Watterson

I really am reading things other than comic strip collections. In fact, right now I'm working on an epic fantasy tale, a presidential biography and biblical commentary. It's just that all those take a long time to finish and comics can be read oh, so quickly. Anyway, this third Calvin and Hobbes collection sees some longer storylines, including an expedition towards the Yukon and a visit from Calvin's Uncle Max. (I kinda wish ol' Max had made a return to the strip, but I guess Mr. Watterson had milked all of the guest jokes out of that concept.) Plus there's the usual antics of the the surrealistic six-year-old and his imaginary (or is he?) tiger friend. One of those books where I've had to tape the cover together so I could keep it on my shelf.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]