Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Return of the King

by J.R.R. Tolkien

I actually finished reading the story a few days ago, but the various appendices kept me occupied through the weekend. Anyway, The Return of the King ends The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It struck me as the least compelling volume of the series--I don't know if it truly was weaker or if I was tiring of the tale. Either way, it's still a great work. A tale of conflict without and within, a celebration of hope and determination. The fact that I wasn't totally hooked on this trilogy when I first read it shows that I was truly a dull lad. I'm glad I was at least smart enough to keep it on my shelf for the day when I was old enough to truly enjoy it.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]