Sunday, January 06, 2008

I've Got the One-More-Washload Blues

by Lynn Johnston

Now that I've finished reading all my Calvin and Hobbes books, I suppose I'll turn to my For Better or For Worse collection for light, breakfast reading. (On those mornings when I get up early enough to linger over breakfast.) This book is the first of the series, reprinting strips from 1979 and '80. It's an amusing look at family life, though the late '70s background sometimes gives the strip a nostalgic feel. The influence of Peanuts on Ms. Johnston is most evident in this volume--both in the art and writing. Some of the strips could be Charlie Brown or Lucy all grown up. It's only the start of tone of he best comic strips that have been out there these past 50 years or so, but it's well worth reading.

Check it out.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]