Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just One More Hug

by Lynn Johnston

Number Four in a series; collect them all. What can I say about this collection? Probably the highlight is when the Patterson family take a vacation out to Manitoba to visit John's sister and her family on the farm. Not only do we get a whole mess o' farm jokes, but it's also the first time in the strip--for me, that is--that Ms. Johnston strikes a deeper chord. When I read those strips, I'm reminded of my own childhood trips out to visit my rural relatives--not in detail but rather in feeling. It's a quality of writing which takes For Better or For Worse above your typical comic strip.

Eh, go ahead and check it out.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]