Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's All Downhill From Here

By Lynn Johnston

This was an exceptionally enjoyable For Better or For Worse collection. I think it has a nigh perfect mix of strips--some kid centered, some marriage centered, some work centered and some neighbor centered. Of course, it's also the era when John and Elly are around my own age. (Okay, maybe they're still a bit younger; but the older I get, the slower my self image is to catch up to my actual age.) It also contains Ms. Johnston's second attempt at a serious storyline--where John and Phil go canoeing with, um, less than pleasant results.

Woo-hoo! It's on my shelf!
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]