Saturday, March 01, 2008

Iterations

by Robert J. Sawyer

This one was an impulse read. I was at the library for some reason or other and was loath to leave empty handed. This collection of short stories was there for the taking in the science fiction section, so I snatched it up. What can I say? I loved it! Not that it's such a big surprise. If you read a collection of short stories, the odds are fairly good that you'll find something enjoyable in it. Add the fact that these particular short stories are written by Robert J. Sawyer--who, despite his obsession with dinosaurs, is my current favorite living science fiction author--and the fact that I would enjoy it is almost inevitable. So what's to love? Well, a lot of things. There's dinosaurs, if you like that sort of thing. There's a tale of vampires. There's a murder mystery, and a botched execution. There are a couple of first contacts, a space war, two extended space journeys, time travel, a marketing executive with a hidden agenda and high school gym class. All of which is presented with Mr. Sawyer's gentle humor, likable characters and wonder-filled imagination. I may have to get a second job so I can indiscriminately buy books again.

I want a copy on my shelf!
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]