Saturday, April 26, 2008

Graduation: A Time for Change

by Lynn Johnston

Despite having an extensive collection of For Better or For Worse books, I don't know if I can really call myself a fan. In recent years I have been disappointed in the direction the strip has taken and no longer follow it faithfully. With this in mind, I've been keeping an eye out to see if I can discover just when For Better or For Worse headed into the "worse" category. I don't know if I'll get a simple answer to that, but this volume feels like the end of the "better" portion of the series. The big changes in this collection are Mike graduating from college, getting engaged and moving out of his apartment in Mrs. Dingle's house (That's it! Moving away from Mrs. Dingle was where it jumped the shark!), Elizabeth going off to university and Grandpa Jim moving in with John and Elly. No single storyline is that compelling, but they're still an entertaining read.

Worth checking out.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]