Sunday, November 02, 2008

Zachary Taylor

by John S. D. Eisenhower

This is a short and simple biography of President Taylor, volume twelve of The American Presidents series. (Once again I was unable to pick up a substantial bio that covered a president's entire life. I'll be glad when I get to Lincoln.) General Eisenhower does a pretty good job of covering Taylor's history. The focus of the book is on his military career, especially his actions in the Mexican-American War. Whether that's because Eisenhower himself is a retired General, or because that really was the predominant aspect of Taylor's life, I don't know. Still it's enough to give me a general picture of his life and times.

Go ahead and check it out.
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]