Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jesus in Beijing

by David Aikman

This one's a look at the state of Christianity in China today (okay, six years ago), looking at how the religion has sprung back from earlier persecution and is now thriving to a greater degree than at any point in China's history. Mr. Aikman pretty much traces the history of the Chinese church through the 20th Century, highlighting the individuals who have had an impact on its development. It's an interesting tale that's easy to read. It made me feel somewhat foolish. I've lived in China, gone to church there, and met Chinese Christians--all this while being quite ignorant of what they might have gone through. I definitely wished I checked this book out before I went. Oh, well. I suppose I could always go back.

It sort of fits on my shelf.
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]