Monday, May 18, 2009

Heroes and Monsters

by Jess Nevins

This is a read once kind of book--"The Unofficial Companion to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." If you've read LOEG, you know that is is packed full of characters from and references to other works of fiction. Mr. Nevins has gone through and made notes about them all. Since I'm not quite as well read as him, I loved paging through the book and finding out about the references I didn't catch. But now that I'm done, well, I doubt if I'll read it again. I mean, occasionally you get a reference book that's entertaining to read despite the information it contains--like The Joys of Yiddish or Phil Farrand's Nitpicker guides--but Heroes and Monsters ain't one of them. Sorry, Jess.

It's wunnerful waiting room material!
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]