Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Man in the High Castle

by Philip K. Dick

I picked this up at an airport bookstore in a last minute scramble to fetch some reading material. It was one of those "classics" of its genre--in this case alternate history--that I've been meaning to read but never quite managed to pick up. It's set in 1962 America, a post war nation occupied by its Japanese and German conquerers. It probably has a lot of insights into one's personal and national identity. Unfortunately, I didn't quite get it. I was killing time on the flight home after a nice vacation, and was devouring the book like junk food. Oh, well. I suppose I should hang onto it just in case I want to try again.

You should check it out, too.
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]