Saturday, September 25, 2010

A History of Christianity in the United States and Canada

by Mark A. Noll

I wanted this book so I could improve my knowledge of the history of Christianity. While I did do that, I think I learned more about American history in the process. Professor Noll traces the history of Christians in what has become English North America and shows how their beliefs interacted with their behavior. The book starts out as your typical historical narrative. After the First World War, however, that story breaks down and the format shifts to look at different trends and people that impacted Christianity for the rest of the 20th Century.  

'Tis on my shelf.
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]