Thursday, June 23, 2011

Relics

by Michael Jan Friedman

A novelization of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode where the crew of the Enterprise D encounters Mr. Scott, the chief engineer of the original starship Enterprise. I picked it up as an alternative to owning the video. However, it seems to me that I enjoyed the episode a lot more than the novelization. Maybe I was too much in fanboy mode when watching the episode to realize that it was, in fact, mediocre. Or maybe the actors just added an appeal to the story that Mr. Friedman failed to capture. Or maybe the subplot he added--undoubtedly to bring the word count up to novel length--was just so weak that it dragged the quality down. I don't know. All I do know is that I've got another book for the Half Price Books stack.

'Tis merely waiting room material.
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]