Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Gifts of the Child Christ I

by George MacDonald

I'm not quite sure how to write this one up. It's a collection of 19th Century fairy tales, or Mährchen, a German word used by Mr. MacDonald in one of his collections. I didn't find the tales spectacular or anything, but there was a gestalt that I found pleasing. Perhaps the best way to describe it is a worldview of that is full of delight in all that's good. It's a familiar attitude, but one that's hard to hang on to now that I'm a grumpy grown-up. Anyway, if you can tolerate a bit of moralizing and a bit of 19th Century verbosity, check this one out. It'll be worth it.

LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]