Sunday, January 05, 2014

The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven

by Sherman Alexie

This is the second book by Sherman Alexie that I've read. Like the first, he does a wonderful job of creating a whole world and drawing the reader into it. I found that very appealing and was reminded of how I loved reading biographies of the Marx Brothers back in my youth. Guess I must have a ghetto fetish. Weird. Anyway, I didn't enjoy this collection of short stories as much as The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. It has some beautiful and poignant moments, but I guess I prefer the longer plot and characters. Or maybe Diary had a touch more hope in it? I forget. Perhaps I should re-read both again.

Check it out.
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]