Thursday, March 06, 2014

Christianity for Modern Pagans

by Blaise Pascal & Peter Kreeft

What's the difference between a sound bite and a proverb? I think I would define a sound bite as a morsel of information that one can ingest and will probably soon forget. A proverb, on the other hand, is an idea that you can ingest and then contemplate, embrace, or even follow. It's a reminder of deeper things. Blaise Pascal's Pensées definitely fall into the "proverb" category. They are a series of notes written down for a book that he never lived to write. This book is Professor Peter Kreeft's collection, translation and commentary on Pascal's Pensées. He adds the organization and humor to make these profound thoughts into a delightful read.

If I don't put it on my shelf, my wife will.
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]