Sunday, September 21, 2014

Perspectives on the World Christian Movement

edited by Ralph D. Winter & Steven C. Hawthorn

It's always a joy to finish a textbook. No matter how interesting the topic, reading a textbook is an effort and I'm very glad to see the last page. Perspectives is a course on cross cultural mission work that friends have been recommending for years. As interesting as it sounds, I've never taken it--a 15 week course is a time commitment I don't think I can afford at this stage in life. A couple of years ago, however, I happened to see an earlier edition of the textbook at a used book sale. After a few months of letting sit on my shelf, I finally cracked it open and have spent quite some time slowly making my way through the biblical, historical, cultural and strategic perspectives of Christianity. It's been a fascinating and thought provoking ride. I feel vindicated in not trying to squeeze the course into my daily life. But it also pushes me to question my priorities and wonder how I might be a better servant of Jesus here in my own corner of the world. Read this book at your own risk.

 LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]