Friday, June 15, 2018

Ramona the Pest

by Beverly Cleary

You could say this is one of the oldest books in my collection, even though a) I only bought it a few months ago and, b) it was only written in 1968. Ramona the Pest is one of the books I remember having when I was a kid. After reading Beezus and Ramona last year, I told myself I should reread this one. When, months later, I saw this on a clearance rack at Half Price Books, I knew it was an omen. Or maybe just a bargain. Alas, I discovered that it was not as funny as its predecessor. There were plenty of smiles and chuckles, but I think I only came close to laughing out loud once. That said, it still was a fun read. Whoever bought me my first copy of the book, all those years ago, had good taste.

And for some reason (nostalgia?), I'm keeping it on my shelf.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]