Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Hallmarks of Lutheran Identity

by Alvin J. Schmidt

A friend gave me this book and I read it with a bit of trepidation. I've heard Dr. Schmidt speak on a few podcasts and have read some of his articles. We disagree on a few issues and have a bit of a clash in our personalities. I wasn't sure that reading one of his books would be a good idea. On the other hand, I was pretty sure that we could agree on being Lutheran. So...

Well, of course, I did read the book. Dr. Schmidt presents a number of "practices, doctrines, and beliefs" that make us Lutherans different from other Christian traditions. He laid it out pretty well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone who wanted to read up on Lutheranism. ... Okay, that's not entirely true. That personality clash reared its head a few times as I was reading. So I'd hesitate a little bit...

Still, check it out.

LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]