Sunday, September 26, 2021

Eyes Wide Open

by Paul Fleischman

This one's an intro to the background behind the current environmental concerns, targeted at a teen audience. (Why I put it on my library "For Later" shelf, I forget. It's been on there since 2015.) Mr. Fleischman touches on the history, politics, sociology, and psychology of humanity's relationship to the environment. He has definite opinions about climate change and the like, but he also encourages the reader to do their own research and to try and recognize some of the fallacies one finds in the media. The text is pretty readable, though I found the book's design a bit annoying. (I'm an old man. I want my footnotes at the bottom of the page, not dangling off the sides of the body copy with illustrations.)

Check it out..
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]