Saturday, May 21, 2022

Doonesbury's Greatest Hits

by G.B. Trudeau

This Doonesbury collection features some strips from 1975-1978. Ongoing storylines include Duke's stints as governor of American Samoa and U.S. ambassador to China, adoptee Kim's new life in America, bicentennial recollections of minuteman Nate Harris, Ginny's congressional campaign, as well as various jabs at the Ford and Carter administrations. Having read biographies of both Presidents in the past year, I could better appreciate the political jokes. It makes me wonder if I should move on to the next Doonesbury collection I own, or wait until after I read a biography of Ronald Reagan.

 It's on my shelf.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]