Saturday, December 31, 2022

Buried in Treasures

by David F. Tolin, Randy O. Frost, and Gail Steketee

This is another book I read for work. It looks at the concept of "Hoarding Disorder"--the state where one's habits of acquiring and keeping possessions begins to interfere with daily life. After covering some motivations why a person might either acquire or hang on to too much stuff, the authors offer some strategies to try and overcome the problem of hoarding. It's a self help book, geared towards someone who is working out the problem on their own. Now and then they offer some tips to family members or help professionals who might be working with someone who has a hoarding disorder. The best part of the book for me was when I used their assessment tool to determine that I do not have a hoarding disorder, despite the appearance of my desk at home. But I do think it was worth checking out for anyone who is interested in the concept. 

LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]