Friday, September 01, 2023

The Sound of God Breathing

by Don Schatz

This one is a book on grieving. I didn't buy it because I'm grieving myself, but because the author is a member of my congregation. Don lost his wife to cancer a while back. While going through his grief, he wrote. He eventually shared his musings with others who recommended that he turn his manuscript into a book. 

In The Sound of God Breathing, Pastor Schatz explores the thoughts and emotions that buffeted him as he mourned his wife. He intersperses his thoughts with Bible passages, exploring what those passages mean while in the midst of grief and how one lives those concepts in the midst of loss. The book is written for someone who is experiencing their own grief. I didn't fit in that category, so I was reading this more as an intellectual exercise. I still found it worth reading. It added insight to the biblical verses quoted, as well as giving me some warning about what I might expect should I (God forbid) lose my own wife or children. 

Check it out!
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]