Saturday, April 20, 2002

Dark Victory

by William Shatner with Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens

Part two of "The Mirror Universe Saga". I didn't mention that part one of the series, Spectre, ended with a bit of a cliffhanger, hence my reading this so quickly on the heels of the first. I've noticed that the middle part of a trilogy seems to be the weakest, and this one didn't break tradition. The main subplot of this is the appearance of Captain Kirk's mirror universe counterpart. He had became emperor in his own universe, was deposed and now wants to wreak havoc in the "real" one. Captain Kirk is pretty much ineffectual against him in a typical underdog versus the unstoppable foe tale. But some of the mysteries of Spectre are furthur unraveled, there's an amusing wedding scene, and one of my favorite supporting characters from Deep Space Nine plays a small role, so I continued reading to the end. This one is waiting room material I could leave behind.

LibraryThing link

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]