Thursday, August 15, 2002

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

by C. S. Lewis

I needed a quick break before trying to tackle Democracy in America again, so I thought I'd grab the next Narnia book. This is a step up from previous title, Prince Caspian. It's a wonderful travel tale in which Caspian (now King) sails forth to uncharted waters to seek seven friends of his father who had been exiled during the reign of Caspian's corrupt predecessor. The story is rather simplistic, but the different lands and perils are imaginative and delightfully described. A truly worthy successor to the original and one I'm going to keep on my shelf.

LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]