Tuesday, December 24, 2002

HTML 4 for Dummies

by Ed Tittel and Stephen Nelson James

This here's the HTML reference book I picked up at the Friends of the Library sale. I'd much rather have Elizabeth Castro's HTML 4 for the World Wide Web but I didn't see a copy of that one for 75¢. This one's all right, I guess. I'm not real crazy about the "for Dummies" series. I've read a few and wasn't impressed by their style. (Of course, now that I think about it, all the other "Dummies" books I read were about PCs.) This one fits right in. Anyway, compared to Castro's book, this is less a tutorial than an introduction to HTML. Rather than showing you how to craft a web page they give you a list of commands and expect you to go to town with them. Well, they also include a CD-ROM that supposedly contains many examples. My copy, however, is a used book from the Seattle Public Library, and the CD no longer works on my Mac. Oh, well, at least I got my 75¢ worth. It is a useful reference book and will do unless I find something better. I would rate it as waiting room material

LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]