Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Blondie: The Bumstead Family History

by Dean Young & Melena Ryzik

So we're at my in-laws for a birthday dinner. At some point in the conversation, someone mentions that we have been reading through the Blondie archives. My sister-in-law mentions that she owns a Blondie book and as we move from dinner to opening presents, she fetches it from her bookshelf. I start skimming it and next thing I know I've missed the opening of a couple of presents because I'm busy reading about the 75th Anniversary extravaganza. (Ah, well, they weren't my presents anyway) My sister-in-law didn't have to twist my arm to get me to borrow the book from her.

The Bumstead Family History is a book commemorating the strip's 75th anniversary. It shows that humor is alive and well in the Young family and that Dean Young is as funny in the 21st Century as his father was in the 1930s. It's funny on it's own, or makes a great companion to Blondie: Volume 1 and Blondie & Dagwood's America.

Check it out!
LibraryThing link

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]