Friday, August 12, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

by J.K. Rowling
(first read in October 2007)

After viewing the last Harry Potter film, I felt inclined to reread the first book in the series. It was a lot more delightful that I remembered. It's probably due to my greater familiarity with the series--I could pick up little details that are insignificant to the first story but are built upon in subsequent books. Of course, if Ms. Rowling hadn't crafted such a good series, there wouldn't be so much to enjoy. Anyway, this is a rare case where rereading a book has caused me to revise my rating. I realize that I now need to keep this tome on my shelf.

LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]