Friday, January 04, 2013

Beat to Quarters

by C. S. Forester

This one's the first book in the Horatio Hornblower saga... or the sixth. It all depends how you count them. This one's the first that was published, but it takes place in the middle of Horatio Hornblower's life. I can't quite recall why I decided to read this after the other first one, but I did. It's a great tale, telling of Captain Hornblower's adventures in the Pacific off the coast of Central America. There are scenes of action and conflict, but also of introspection. I think I'm going to have to make room for the series on my shelf... and then figure out which one of the series to read next.  

LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]