Saturday, February 06, 2016

Beat to Quarters

by C. S. Forester

First read in January 2013

It was the first of times, it was the sixth of times... Hmmm, that doesn't sound all that clever now that I've typed it out. Anyway, in reading through the chronological order of the story of Horatio Hornblower, I have once again read the first novel written by Mr. Forester. Once again I was impressed by a story where the man of action does more than just beat the bad guys. Captain Hornblower has to deal with politics, with supplying his ship thousands of miles from his home port, and with the various people aboard his ship. (one more than the rest, if you know what I mean.)(Well, read the book and you will.) All in all, it makes an entire world in which to escape.

Keeping it on my shelf.
LibraryThing link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]