Friday, March 17, 2017

The King of Torts

by John Grisham

Meh. I was disappointed with this one. I wasn't expecting great literature, but past experience had led me to believe I'd at least get an interesting story with some likable characters. It's the tale of Clay Carter, a public defender who gets an unusual opportunity to file a class action claim against a big company. (I guess that falls under the category of tort law. Hence the title.) Clay is a likable fellow, but makes some bad choices. Very obvious bad choices. But, hey, you have to have some conflict, right? I figured we'd end up with a little redemption, a little turn around. Well, it was little all right. I really should have just reread The Last Juror or The Testament.

waiting room material
LibraryThing link

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]