Thursday, August 09, 2018

The High King

by Lloyd Alexander

First read in July of 2005

Back in the summer of 2005, I read through the five volume Prydain Chronicles. When I finished this, the fifth and final volume, I thought it was great and wanted to put it on my shelf. Now, in 2018, I reread the book out of the blue. I discovered this is not a book to read out of sequence. I remembered the main characters, but the story had so many references to characters and events I had forgotten from the previous volumes, that I felt I was missing half of the story. That said, it still was an enjoyable tale. Maybe only waiting room material this time around, but still enjoyable.

LibraryThing link

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]